Thursday, November 13, 2008

Travelog

How did the interview go?

I drove 7 hours the first day. Then four more the second day. Visited with my sister and my son. Got up the third day and went to the interview.

Nice guy-although he has a suspicious amount of hair for an older man. It has been my experience that older men with a lot of hair are sleazy ego freaks. :) I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He seemed nice. For the first time in a long time the interview was pleasant. Actually, get-to-know-you. Not in the least combative. I wonder if this has to do with the differences in regional culture.

I actually enjoyed the interview. Left feeling excited and happy... but on the long-and I mean long- ten hour drive back home, I felt as if I was not clear enough on the reasons why he should hire me. Sigh. I hope I came across as charming and enthusiastic-not travel-logged and ditsy. time will tell. He gave me the standard line- "This is merely the first step in the interview process. We will discuss the interviews this week and then have call backs."

Then I said, "So, you are looking to start at the first of the year." He blinked. Then said, "We don't do anything quickly here."

Hmmm, does that mean it will be the first of the year? Or longer? No telling.

Meanwhile- the jobless rate rises- and reports have gone out that even seasonal hiring for retail has become cut-throat-as retailers are cutting back and more people are out of work.

No comments: