Sunday, September 14, 2008

Rain

Last week I was notified by a different recruiter on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. The Monday job-sent off my resume-not another word was heard.

Tuesday's recruiter was actually from the job I spoke of earlier where I re-wrote my resume using the description from the job ad-when she called I did not mention that I had applied for the same job four months ago- instead had a nice talk with the recruiter-who informed me-joy! that the job pays twenty grand higher than my minimum...exciting...I'm perfect for the job... Friday-she calls back...she left a message-"there are a few more questions..." I am left wondering if this is a new version of "they have some concerns"- see previous blogs. This merely means the recruiter did not do a good job with their presentation-and have one more shot to try to sell me-Which means I'm already on the outs before I even get a face-to-face. Sigh. I will call her back on Monday.

Wednesday I got an e-mail from a recruiter for a job-technical writer-am I interested? If so-pass on a resume. I'm still sitting on this job. It's what I did for a living over twenty years ago and I had thought I was beyond that... Maybe if I give him the salary range for the above job it would sweeten the pot.

They say when it rains it pours-I wish the rain was multiple job offers-not merely multiple questions.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Powell said...

The rain will ebb, and the gray skies clear. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!