Friday, December 19, 2008

The weather outside is frightful...

The good news being that they miscalculated the unemployment rate- it's really not as bad as they thought...although the media swears there are thousands more layoffs looming.... makes for suspense and what they hope will translate into ratings.

I have heard nothing more from the company I interviewed with and the guy who wanted to have lunch...

On an ironic note, the Today show this morning had a jobs expert on saying how not to worry- there will be jobs created in areas such as healthcare-and you can take your manufacturing skill sets and use them in healthcare...

Except I have a background in healthcare-and still I can't use my skill sets because...picture interviewer making a face as if they smell something bad...my experience isn't in their exact part of healthcare... and for the life of them, they can't imagine that I could use my skill sets in any other way than what I've done in the past...no matter how I argue and give examples that I can.

(No bitterness here...)

Well, at least the snow is starting to let up.

No comments: